HistoryOn April 20 in 1847, 125 stockholders took the initial steps toward organizing the Preble County branch of the State Bank with a capital of $100,000. It was this initial beginning that paved the way for the Eaton National Bank & Trust Company as it is known today. This was the first bank organized in Preble County. The actual organization of the bank took place on July 19, 1847. Banking operations began on September 9, 1847, in the first house south of the Court House.